Producer Spotlight : Sango - "Unfinished & Unsatisfied" & "As Always"





Care to introduce yourself and tell us a lil bit about yourself and how you got into producing?

I go by Sango. The name came from watching too much InuYasha when I was young. I'm from Seattle WA originally, and I currently reside in Kalamazoo, MI. There I attend at Western Michigan University working on my bachelors in fine arts. I started to make music when I was about 12 or 13. I was simply inspired by my brother because he had the demo of FL Studio. I thought it was cool and I wanted to sound better than him. Pure competition...

The essence of my music is you hearing my personality and how the nature of my sounds trigger your thoughts to think about a certain something.

Name off some of your influences?


Fela Kuti, The Neptunes, J Dilla, Noah "40" Shebib, Empire of the Sun & of course Timbaland.

Nice mix of influences there! What equipment do you use in your studio setup?

I call it a GangBang: A Windows virtual machine on Mac OSX packed w/ FL Studio. Along w/ Reason & Logic. + Midi controller ;)

What would you say has been the main highlight for your career so far?


Getting further than I expected and simply learning new techniques.

Do you have any previous releases or upcoming projects we should be aware of?

Look out for my next project entitled: "Sounds of Venus's Summer" due late June this year. (I also HIGHLY recommend you check out his previous albums "Unfinished & Unsatisfied" and "As Always")


Any fellow producers that you feel we're sleeping on and we should be checking for?


My man from Seattle which goes by the name of 88.206 and rapper/producer The SEVENth.

You can get a hold of Sango at:
http://twitter.com/SangoXKai
www.sangoxkai.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/sangobeats

No comments:

Post a Comment