Diamond District: Streets Won’t Let Me Chill (Apollo Brown Rmx)


Apollo Brown - Streets Wont Let Me Chill Feat Diamond District

To celebrate the release of his new album, The Reset, which drops today, Apollo Brown is excited to give fans another treat from the album, this time the “Streets Won’t Let Me Chill Remix.” For the track, Apollo Brown remixed Diamond District’s “Streets Won’t Let Me Chill,” originally produced by Oddisee and featured on the group’s debut In The Ruff, and provides a darker perspective on the song when compared to the original’s brass-lined soul beat. The James Brown drum break, which Apollo uses along with an eerie guitar riff, creatively compliments vocals from Oddisee, yU, and X.O. “I wanted the remix to have the same gritty feel to it. The original is drum heavy to me so I wanted to keep that going with a classic drum break. You can’t go wrong with ‘funky drummer’”, says Apollo. “I picked something that I know I could have done a lot of justice to. The lyrics on that song are ill as hell.”

Apollo Brown’s The Reset is now available via Mello Music Group at Amazon, UGHH, and iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment