Producer Spotlight: Häzel - The Fanatic Beat Tape Side A K7 / 8 From 98 Beattape 1


Häzel - The Fanatic Beat Tape Side A K7

Häzel - 8 from 98 beattape 1

Please introduce yourself to the hypedog masses.
So I go by the name of Häzel, I'm a 27 year old, half French half Brazilian producer living in Paris/France I make beats and sing sometimes. I mostly produce for other people like Ebrahim (eebsofresh), Slakah the Beatchild, Drake and a few other cats. I started doing this like ten years ago after listening to Jay Dee's Beats. It was like a slap to the face... I was like... that's what I wanna do.

What equipment do you use in your studio setup?
I started with a MPC 2000 then switched to a 3000 till I got robbed in a studio in Paris. Left the MPC there after a session and it disappeared.. crazy shit! So that's how I got to work on a computer.. started with a software called FastTracker 2 back in the days but now I use Cubase, some midi hardware, low budget speakers and a cassette tape deck.

Who is your main musical Influence?
I have to go with Jay Dee man

What albums you listening to at the moment?
Jay Dee - Welcome To Detroit
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol.1 and 2
Dwele - Rize

Which upcoming producers should we be on the look out for?
Don't sleep on CREAM OF BEATS!!!

What has been the main highlight of your career so far?
Working with Ebrahim, Slakah and Onra. They made me much more prolific

Any previous releases or upcoming projects we should be aware of?
My EP is coming out in two months.. around March 2011. It's a 500 limited copy on green vinyl and will also be available on iTunes as a digital download . I've also been working on KeishaLeisha's EP... we're just working on the covers and final mixes, plus a few other things to come out this year that I can't really mention now.. but it will be dope!


Häzel links:

1 comment:

  1. WHOA! Brotha, I'm honored!! But you already know that you, Onra, and Quetzal keep me on my toes! Please don't EVER stop doing what your doing. The world needs you!

    ReplyDelete