Producer Spotlight: FS Green - Hi-Hat Club Mix, 2011

Hi-Hat Club (Mix, 2011)

For anyone new to FSGreen could you tell us a lil bit about yourself, how you got into producing and the essence behind your sound?
I'm a producer/DJ from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I started making beats at 15, a friend of mine hooked me up with FL Studio which I still use for my beats. I basically make whatever I'm inspired by or what I feel at the moment. When I just started I made mostly sample based beats, nowadays I also mess with electronic sounds, Dubstep and House.

What equipment do you use in your studio setup?
FL Studio, MicroKorg, MPD24 and MPK49.

Who are your top 5 producers / musical Influences?
At the moment; Kanye West, Zo!, Soil & "Pimp Sessions", Robert Glasper and The Neptunes.

What albums you listening to at the moment?
Dwele - World.Wants.Women
The Foreign Exchange - Authenticity,
Zo! - Sunstorm,
Jesse Boykins III - The Beauty Created,
Rick Ross - Teflon Don,
Kanye West - MBDTF,
Robert Glasper - Double Booked,
Akiko - What's Jazz?
and everything from Soil & "Pimp" Sessions on repeat.

Which upcoming producers should we be on the look out for?
Auger, @YungFelix and Orange Breakdown.

What has been the main highlight or your career so far?
Last year, lots good things happened in 2010. I released a lot of projects; Önder & FS Green - De Kassier, Full Crate & FS Green - Eggs & Pancakes, Tom Trago - Voyage Direct (FS Green Remixes), I also played at the biggest house party in Holland, all in one year.

Any previous releases or upcoming projects we should be aware of?
I have no dates for any upcoming releases, I did do some remixes that are soon to drop. Check out Hi-Hat Club vol. 5: Eggs & Pancakes and my Voyage Direct Remixes EP. At the moment I'm producing a lot of music for Dutch artists.

FS Green Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment